Many patients come to my clinic asking for an Ayurvedic solution to their dry skin and damaged hair. My solution to most such patients is simple and safe – Almond oil. Check out the amazing benefits of almond oil.
Ayurveda hails Almond oil for its wide magnitude of benefits.
The Vedic science lists almond oil as one of the best “beauty elixir” for smooth skin and luscious hair.
Almond oil is also a potent emollient. It softens the hair and gives them strength and length. This nut oil also works wonders for your body when ingested.
Today, almond oil is a potent ingredient in cosmetic and food industries.
This article looks into the lesser-known benefits of this amazing nut oil. Also discover the best ways to add it to your daily life effortlessly.
But first, the nutritional profile!
- Sweet almond oil is rich in – vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin C, mono-saturated fatty acids, protein, potassium, and zinc.
- It contains 68 % oleic acid.
- Almond oil is cholesterol-free, gluten-free, sodium-free and sugar-free.
Also Read: 13 best and worst cooking oils
Benefits of Almond Oil
The little brown nuts in the shape of eyes is a boon to the body, skin and hair. Its oil is revered as an efficient health booster.
It is endowed with anti-inflammatory, immunity-boosting and anti-hepato-toxicity properties.
Ayurveda recommends the “all-natural” oil to treat dry skin and scalp conditions. It is also super-effective in removing wrinkles, dark circles and eye bags.
Almond Oil for supple skin
This amazing natural oil is Power-packed with essential nutrients. Almond oil is very effective in keeping the skin cells healthy. It shields it from harmful UV radiation. It makes your hair and skin smooth, soft, and even-toned.
Almond oil is crowned as the elixir for skin because –
- It can lighten under-eye dark circles.
- Almond oil relieves sunburns and rashes.
- It penetrates deep into the skin, cleanses it and helps in prevention of blocked pores.
- Almond oil helps reduce scars, blemishes, acne and pigmentation. It also reduces the signs of ageing and sagging skin.
- Almond oil is a great natural make-up remover.
- It is a natural cure to hyper-pigmentation.
- Effective in treating eczema and psoriasis.
- Almond oil is also a great natural emollient. It is effective in treating stretch marks, especially in post-natal care.
How to Apply – Massage the skin gently after a bath or by dipping it in a cotton ball.
Almond oil for heart health
- Almond oil consists of high monounsaturated fats, folic acids, protein and potassium. These ensures a healthy heart.
- High in potassium and low sodium. Almond oil helps in reducing bad cholesterol in the body. This also helps in maintaining a healthy blood pressure level.
- Drinking one teaspoon almond oil in the morning helps in keeping the stomach clear. Its laxative qualities ensure proper digestion and better elimination.
How to use: Adding a few drops of almond oil to the milk or on top of salad does the trick!
Almond oil for a luscious mane
Almond oil is widely used for hair care and hair treatments. Rich in fatty acids, almond oil helps to ease out dryness and frizz of hair. Regular oil massage can bestow one with shiny, smooth hair.
- Almond oil promotes hair growth. It strengthens follicles and prevents breakage.
- Almond oil can control sebum formation and treat dandruff effectively.
- It helps in preventing hair loss and hair thinning
- Its anti-fungal properties aids in treating scalp infections
- Delay greying of hair.
How to Apply – Massage the scalp with almond oil and leave it overnight.
So, if you are not already using almond oil to a maximum of its benefits then it’s time to ditch the expensive and not so useful cosmetics and go gaga over the miracles of almond oil!