Split end is such a nagging hair problem that is greatly ignored. It deters the quality, strength, and texture of your hair. The nasty breakage also makes your hair look dull and lifeless. I have received this question from many on how to manage split ends. So, in this blog, I bring you some well-researched tips that actually work!
Before jumping into the remedies, we have to understand what’s causing split ends.
Split ends happen when your hair becomes dry and brittle. This can be caused by pollution, extreme weather conditions, lack of care, lack of nutrition, or over-the-styling of your hair. Chemical products, heat, and blow drying can also result in split ends.
Did you know women going through menopause are more likely to develop split ends? As estrogen levels drop, the oil production in the scalp lowers. This makes hair drier and easily breakable. This is one more woe added to the long list of menopause troubles.
Also Read: Fermented Rice Water in Haircare
Even overwashing and using the wrong hair products can cause your hair to split at the ends. Another common cause is the irregular oiling of your hair. Many girls dread oiling their hair and this can cause a lot of damage to the tresses. From hair fall to breakage to greying, not oiling means you are not feeding your hair.
These and many such contributing factors have made split ends a common trouble. It can severely impact your overall appearance and confidence. So, here are a few tips that will help you in managing your split ends well!
Also Read: How to control dandruff?
Simple tips to manage your split ends
1. Egg yolk
You probably already know the benefits of egg yolk for your hair, it’s a boon in so many ways. Egg yolk hair mask is one of the most effective remedies of all time. It is super rich in protein that strengthens your strands and prevents them from splitting. This yolk moisturizes and conditions your hair giving a shiny lustrous look.
Make your own effective Egg-yolk mask
- Take an egg yolk and mix two tsp of olive oil, almond oil, and honey.
- Blend it well and apply it to your hair.
- Leave it on for 30-45 minutes and then wash it off.
Honey is an amazing natural healer that has so many benefits. It prevents the loss of moisture and strengthens your hair follicles. This helps in preventing breakages and splits in your hair.
Make your own honey mask
- Make an amazing hair pack by mixing honey, curd, olive oil, and egg yolk.
- Apply this mix on your strands and scalp thoroughly.
- Leave it for around 20-25 minutes and then wash it off.
Chamomile is an excellent remedy for curing frizzy hair. It helps wash off dead cells and clears the hair follicles. If dirt and pollution are causing your split ends then chamomile is the right remedy.
DIY hair care with chamomile
- Soak 2 chamomile tea bags in boiling water and let it cool.
- Rinse your hair using this chamomile tea.
- You can also use chamomile oil for massage.
4. Ripe Papaya
Papaya is a rich source of vitamin A and folic acid. It helps in improving blood circulation in your scalp and hair. It further enhances the production of sebum which is the natural oil. This amazing fruit mask keeps your scalp and hair follicles moisturized. It further promotes hair growth and prevents split ends.
How to apply ripe papaya to your hair?
- Smash a ripe papaya and mix it with yogurt.
- Prepare a thick paste out of this.
- Apply it to your hair and wait for 30-40 minutes.
- Finally, wash off using cold water.
5. Oiling your hair
Oil is to hair what food is to the body. So, never leave your hair hungry by not feeding them with the right oil. The best picks are the all-natural coconut oil, olive oil, argan oil, and almond oil.
How to apply oil to your hair?
- You can either pick any of these or make a blend by mixing 2 or more oil.
- Heat the oil for a warm massage.
- Massage your scalp thoroughly and apply the oil to the strands.
- Repeat this three times a week to prevent hair damage.
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a magical plant with so many benefits. Apart from making your hair longer and stronger, it can help prevent hair damage and split ends. The rich enzymes in Aloe vera dig out the dead cells and free your hair. It keeps your hair cool and prevents damage.
How to Apply?
- Extract the gel from 2-3 aloe vera leaves.
- Apply it to your hair and leave it for 30-40 minutes.
- Rinse it off and follow it with shampoo.
7. Garlic Oil
This is a lesser-known but very effective remedy for hair splits. Mince 7-8 garlic cloves and add it to 100 ml of olive oil or coconut oil. Apply it to your scalp and hair thoroughly. Wash this off after an hour with an Ayurvedic shampoo. This amazing oil will heal your damaged hair strands.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
Mix a tsp of apple cider vinegar and 2 cups of water. Blend the solution well and rinse your hair with it after shampooing once a week.
9. Ayurvedic Diet
Nutrition is very essential for healthy hair. A diet lacking in essential vitamins, minerals, and proteins can cause hair damage. So, make sure to include a variety of nutritious foods on your plate. Dairy, cereals, veggies, eggs, and fish are great additions to your diet.
Adding a tsp of desi ghee to your meals can work wonders. It is actually the magical secret to glowing skin and hair. You can also apply ghee to your hair for deep nourishment.
Some more tips
- Brush your hair gently. It’s better to use wooden combs over plastic combs.
- Don’t use or overuse your heating tools. Straightening irons and blow dryers can also damage your hair
- Keep Your Hair Clean with regular shampoo and Conditioning.
- Do not pick or pluck your split ends.
- You might want to switch to satin pillows to avoid friction and breakage.
- Switch to an all-natural shampoo that contains no chemicals.
- Avoid ponytails and hair twists that stress your hair.
Ayurvedic shampoos that you might want to try:
Split Ends are a common problem and it’s tough to treat. And in most cases, you end up chopping your long tresses. So, I would suggest you take good care of your hair and eat a healthy diet. Start using these remedies when you spot the first split in your hair. Also, exercising and massaging your head will improve your blood circulation which works excellent for your hair.
Good day! I could have sworn I’ve been to this blog before but after going through many of the articles I realized it’s new to me. Anyways, I’m certainly pleased I discovered it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back regularly!
That is a good tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere. Brief but very precise info… Thank you for sharing this one. A must read post!
Consume 20 ounces of water prior to the detoxprocess.my blog :: Thc drinks ontario
Aw, this was an extremely good post. Taking the time and actual effort to produce a good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a lot and don’t manage to get nearly anything done.
[…] Also Read: Simple Tips to manage Split ends […]
There is apparently a lot to know about this. I believeyou made various nice points in features also.Here is my blog post Keto Incinerate Pills
Enjoyed every bit of your article post.Really thank you!
I really like your writing style, fantastic information, thanks for putting up : D.
[…] Split Ends: Hibiscus works wonders in treating split ends that keep coming back no matter how much you cut your strands. It prevents split ends while keeping […]