We are given legs for a reason!
But ever since the glamour of gadgets blinded us with their glitzy, we started behaving like trees. Rooted to the ground, immobile and stuck!
But it’s high time we get the butt up.
Research speaks – Exercise for good health
Recent studies confirmed that physical activity is of vitality for our health and happiness. In fact, the Fit India movement launched by our honorable Prime Minister, Narendra Modi also makes a stride to spread awareness of the act!
Ayurvedic perception of fitness!
Fitness is often perceived as chiseled body and toned abs, being lean and fitting into that dress.
But Ayurvedic perception of fitness differs by large.
According to Ayurveda being fit means swelling with energy. Fit means beaming with enthusing. It means being disease-free and living healthy.
Being fit means living life on level one!
It’s ok if you don’t like the gym or you loathe the treadmill. Walk a few steps, hop a little or just sit calm breathing in…
People often link the term exercise with obesity. There is no doubt that working out helps in combat but that’s not the only thing it does. Have a look at the amazing things that happen to your body when you start working out.
Also Read: Why you must do your warm-up exercises?
10 Benefits of workouts – Exercise for good health
- It reduces the risk of heart disease. Ayurveda recommend moderate exercise every day to maintain a healthy heart.
- An armour to obesity. Obesity is the number one culprit of most chronic diseases today. From cancer to arthritis, obesity is a risk. Physical activity coupled with a healthy diet is the only weapon to battle obesity.
- It controls the blood pressure level. Another chronic ailment linked to obesity and a sedentary lifestyle can be easily avoided with physical activity.
- It lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes. Physical activity is the key element to prevent and manage type 2 diabetes.
- It ensures stronger bones, muscles and joints and lower risk of developing osteoporosis. Maintaining lubrication in the body is the key to keep the bones healthy.
- It helps in faster recovery. Fit people who maintain a daily workout regime heals better and faster. They also have a stronger immune system and tends to fall sick less often.
- It endows more energy and a better mood.
- Exercising especially yoga helps in curing sleep disorders.
- Working out is a great stress buster. And stress is the father of all villains!
- Physical activity enhances longevity.
Physical activity for mental balance
- Exercise blocks negative thoughts and releases happy hormones.
- Increased fitness lifts mood and increases confidence.
- Physical activity is an antidepressant.
- It is a stress reliever.
- Physical activities increase cognitive power and concentration.
Give yourself at least 30 minutes a day
Your time is precious but it can’t cost more than your health!
So, make a pledge to dedicate at least 30 minutes each day for physical activity. Be it walking, jogging, running or hopping. self.
Do your squats and lunges right. Let the body burn and cry those tears of happiness. Shake your hands up in the air and let your legs raise beyond your hair.
Shed the extra bulge over your belly and live in the body that’s the best version of you.
10 Tips on exercise for good health
- Walk in the garden or parking lot of your office after lunch.
- Climb the stairs 5 times in a day.
- Do some push-ups on the ground.
- Maintain your posture straight.
- Squats as you cook.
- Engage your baby in a happy workout.
- Do the crazy dance.
- Try easy youtube workouts at home
- Prefer your foot over the wheels
- Practice simple yoga poses.