Who does not crave for that long, thick, and shiny hair? The one they show on the Ayurvedic shampoo ads! The number of queries on ‘increased hair volume’ says it’s a dream of many. So, in this blog, I bring you 10 incredible Ayurvedic home remedies for dreamy volumnous hair.
Yes, you thought it right!
It’s no expensive shampoo or extravagant treatment.
Things right from your garden can work wonder on your hair!
And the best part is that these remedies keep you free from the worries of side effects.
No harmful chemicals, no toxins, no side effects. Plus, it’s easy, simple and effective!
Check out these 10 incredible home remedies for hair volume. They are so simple you can’t resist trying them!
Also Read: 5 DIY Natural Hair Conditioners
10 incredible home remedies for Volumnous Hair
1. Wondrous “Aloe Vera Gel” for Volumnous Hair
Aloe Vera is a holy grail for your hair. Full of antioxidants, it is rich in anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities. This helps in improving your scalp and hair health. Aloe vera nourishes the scalp and improves the hair follicles.
Aloe Vera clears out dead skin and dandruff. It removes extra oil from the scalp and makes your hair bouncy and shiny. The natural green gel also slows hair breakage, strengthens weak and damaged hair strands and promotes hair growth.
Also Read : How to regrow Hair naturally
5 Ways to use Aloe vera for hair
- Extract the gel from Aloe vera leaf and apply it to the roots. Do it once daily to fight dandruff, improve hair growth and increase hair volume.
- Mix equal quantities of Aloe vera and castor oil. Apply it from roots to tips and cover it with a shower cap for the night. Wash off with a mild shampoo.
- Add 5 tbsp of Aloe vera gel with 3 tbs of coconut oil and 2 tbs of honey. Apply it on your scalp and massage it well. Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Combine Aloe vera with egg and olive oil for a conditioning hair mask. Apply it on your hair and cover with a shower cap. Leave it on for 25 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
- Take 3-4 large onions and blend them well with Aloe vera gel. Apply it on your scalp and then on the strands. Leave it on for an hour and then wash it off.
2. “Egg Mask” for shiny Volumnous Hair
Proteins are essential for healthy voluminous hair. Eggs are rich in protein, high in fats, it is great for moisturizing and strengthening. It nourishes your hair, reduces tangles and hair fall.
Eggs are also rich in sulfur and biotin which are essential for healthy and strong hair. This great natural conditioner adds shine, fosters repair, enhances elasticity and improves texture.
How to apply egg mask for Volumnous Hair?
- Beat a whole egg and add coconut or almond oil. Apply the mask on your hair and cover it with a shower cap. Do this once or twice a week.
- Whisk olive oil and whole egg in a bowl. Apply the mix on your hair coating the strands. Wash off after 30 minutes.
- Whisk olive oil and egg whites and curd in a bowl. Apply the pack to your hair strands and wash off with cold water after 30 minutes.
- Mash a banana, add a whole egg and one tsp olive oil. Apply this hair pack on your hair and scalp. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and wash off with cool water.
- Whisk two whole eggs and 1 tsp onion juice. Apply it to your hair and cover your entire head. Leave it for about 30 minutes and wash off with cool water.
3. Holy “Henna” for Volumnous Hair
Henna is a multipurpose hair treatment. It helps in improving the texture and colour of the hair. It is a natural conditioning agent that also adds length and volume to your hair.
Henna mixed with lemon helps fight dandruff. When mixed with coconut oil or egg white improves hair growth and improves hair follicles. Henna used with tea and coffee adds up nutrients to increase hair volume.
How to apply henna for hair volume?
Prepare black tea or coffee in warm water. Whisk properly and keep it at least for an hour or two. Add an egg and apply it on your hair. Let it dry and wash off with cool water.
4. “Amla” the God of Haircare
Amla is rich in vitamin C. It has anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. One amla consumed daily nourishes the body and health.
Dried amla boiled with 4 tbsp of coconut and kept overnight after massaging. And washing it off the next morning with shampoo makes you feel the instant volume and softness.
How to apply amla for Volumnous Hair?
You can mix amla powder with henna or make a paste with grounded amla. Apply it on your scalp and cover your strands. Let it for 30 minutes and wash off.
5. Methi or fenugreek seeds
Methi or fenugreek seeds are known for making gorgeous smooth hair. They also help to increase hair volume. Methi provides conditioning and helps prevent dandruff. Methi further helps in better hair growth and texture.
How to apply methi for Volumnous Hair?
The best way to use Methi seed is by soaking a handful of seeds in water overnight. Then grind it to a fine paste the next morning. Apply it on the hair and leave it for an hour and wash off.
6. “Flaxseed” as a hair treatment
Flaxseed is rich in fibre and omega 3 fatty acids. The fatty acids in flax seeds help in promoting hair growth. While the fibre helps improving hair volume. You can feel the hair volume increasing instantly. Flaxseed utilised for hair treatment in a various way.
How to apply flaxseeds for Volumnous Hair?
One of the best ways is to soak the seed in water for a few hours. Use a cotton ball to apply the paste onto the hair and let it try for at least twenty minutes. Then wash it off with warm water.
7. “Hibiscus Flower power” an Old way to haircare
Hibiscus flower is an incredible hair care product that sits right in your garden. It helps in revamping your hair care routine. Hibiscus loaded with anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and vitamins.
It stimulates the hair regrowth as they are rich in Amino acid and Vitamin C. They help in getting fuller and thicker hair texture. Hibiscus flower is also one of the oldest remedies for dealing with hair greys.
How to use hibiscus for Volumnous Hair?
Grind 3-4 Hibiscus leaves and one Hibiscus flower to make a paste. You can apply it directly on your scalp or mix it with yoghurt and make a pack.
8. “Neem” the miraculous green
Neem is a fantastic remedy for your scalp treatment. It has antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties. Neem acts as a detoxifier and speeds up the toxin’s removal process from the scalp to prevent damage of hair. It volumize the hair and makes hair follicles strong.
How to apply Neem for voluminous hair?
Boil a few neem leaves in water and apply the water on your roots. You can also grind neem leaves and make a paste by mixing it with yoghurt. Cover your scalp with the paste and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
9. “Shikakai” the most famous haircare ingredient
Globally famous for hair care Shikakai used for centuries to promote healthy hair. It balances the pH level and helps to detoxify the scalp. It also helps in strengthening hair roots. Shikakai brings soft conditioning properties which increase the bounciness and silkiness of hair.
How to apply Shikakai on hair?
Mix 2 tbsp of Shikakai, Amla and Reetha with 2 eggs, juice of 2-3 lemons and a little lukewarm water. Then apply it after keeping it aside for half an hour. Apply the pack every alternate day or twice a week to stop hair fall.
10. “Yoghurt” or “Dahi” as Haircare
Yoghurt is a great moisturizer. And hair smoothened and provides intense nourishment to hair. The protein in yoghurt helps in increasing the strength of hair follicles. They help to increase the hair Volume.
Also Read: Best Foods for Healthy Hair
Ayurvedic Doctor’s Cues for Volumnous Hair
Haircare is the ultimate requirement for any human. And due to current environmental hazard skin and hair care is tough and costly. With natural remedies and Ayurveda based solutions, we can achieve great hair. Pocket friendly and effective at the same time.
Try these and let me know which one is your fav!