Strawberry skin is a common condition that can be quite embarrassing, especially for women.
It is a condition in which black pores cover your skin making them look uneven and spotty, like a strawberry. These pores mostly appear on your legs but they can also cover your arms.
This condition is basically caused by hair follicles or ingrown hair that is trapped under the skin. Though strawberry hair is not a severe or painful condition, the pores might contain a mixture of bacteria, dead skin cells, and oil.
5 Tips to get rid of strawberry skin naturally
1. Caress your skin with Coffee
Coffee grounds are excellent for intense exfoliation. Scrubbing your skin with coffee can help remove dead skin cells, bacteria, and ingrown hair from your skin. Research also says that coffee can help promote healthy skin glow.
How to use coffee for strawberry skin?
- You can use a mix of ½ cup ground coffee, ½ cup sugar, and ¼ cup olive or coconut oil.
- Apply this on your skin and massage in a circular motion for 2 minutes.
- Rinse off the pack with water.
- Do not do this more than twice a week.
Buy online – Coffee Body Scrub
2. Try Baking Soda
Baking soda is a popular ingredient in skincare. It is an excellent anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agent. Try exfoliating your skin with baking soda. It will give you a smooth and radiant look. Using this ingredient can help prevent and treat severe dryness of the skin.
How to use a baking soda pack on your skin?
- Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with one tablespoon of water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your legs ( affected part) and leave it for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
3. Exfoliate with Brown sugar and olive oil
Exfoliation can help remove the trapped dead cells and bacteria from the top layer of your skin. Brown sugar is an excellent exfoliator. Blend it with olive oil and clove oil and apply it to your skin. It will also help you get rid of ingrown hair.
How to use brown sugar and olive oil on your skin?
- Mix brown sugar, olive oil, and clove oil to make a paste.
- Apply it to your skin and rub it in circles for a few minutes to exfoliate the skin.
- Rinse it with cold water.
- Do this once or twice a week, but don’t overdo it!
Buy Online – Olive Oil
4. Apply Aloe vera Gel
Aloe vera gel is an excellent moisturizer that can help treat dry skin issues. Though dry skin does not cause strawberry skin, it can make the condition worse. Aloe vera also has skin healing and anti-bacterial properties, that can help you get rid of clogged pores.
How to use Aloe vera gel for strawberry skin?
- Take Aloe vera gel and apply it to your skin.
- Massage your skin gently for a minute or two.
- Let it soak into your skin for 10 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- You can use Aloe vera gel on your skin every day.
Buy Online – Aloe vera gel
5. Scrub with Sea Salt
Sea salt scrub can help remove dead cells from the skin’s surface and restores mineral balance in the body. It is rich in calcium, sodium, magnesium, and potassium which helps maintain your skin health and pH balance. These minerals help fight dryness, itchiness, and irritation of the skin. Applying a sea salt scrub on the body removes dead cells from the skin’s surface and restores mineral balance in the body.
How to scrub your skin with sea salt?
- Take ¼ cup sea salt and mix it with ½ cup coconut water to form a paste.
- Scrub your skin gently using this paste for a minute or two.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- You shouldn’t scrub your skin more than 2 times a week as overdoing it can make your skin dry.
Buy online – Sea salt
Simple Tips for natural skin care
- Being dehydrated can make your skin look dry and dull. Make sure to drink plenty of water every day.
- Scrub your body with natural scrubs once or twice a week.
- After showering moisturize your skin with a vitamin E-enriched moisturizer. Also, moisturize your skin before bed.
- Do not repeat your razor and try different hair-removing methods like waxing.
- Getting an oil massage once in a while can improve your circulation and make your skin look smooth and shiny.
Also Read: Coconut oil as sunscreen
Skincare is as important as brushing your teeth or taking a bath. The skin gets clogged with dirt, dead cells, bacteria, and chemicals that make your skin look dull and dry. Clogged pores result in this condition called strawberry legs. Try these simple home remedies to take care of your skin naturally. You can also use a gentle loofah to wash your skin and don’t forget to moisturize your skin with a good moisturizer.