Stress is a nasty reality that plagues the child and the old but most of it works worst for the adults toiling hard to build a life. We all suffer the wrath of stress. So, in this blog, I bring you this amazing antidote to stress – Mahanarayana Oil massage.
The efficacy of Mahanarayana Oil massage
A 55-year-old BBMP counselor came to my clinic complaining of unbearable foot pain which is making his life miserable. He told me that he walks for 7 km daily as he goes to check the site of garbage clearance every day. The patient had no disease and all his health reports marked him as healthy.
He spends most of the day on his foot as that was the demand of his job. In the evening, he again goes out for a brisk walk with his little grandson. It was their time of bonding and playing. But all the stress of the job, balancing family, and excessive work on the foot started to give him sleepless nights.
The pain kept him awake half the night tossing and turning on the bed. Further, the lack of sleep made him sluggish and drowsy all day long. His family doctor advised sleeping pills but he was reluctant to dump his healthy body with these multicolor bombs. He knew the side effects of sleeping pills and hence it was not an option for him.
So, he sought help from Ayurveda to get a natural and safe remedy for his problems.
Ayurvedic remedy for foot pain
I checked his vitals and listened carefully to his lifestyle and habits. After taking an overall picture of his problems, I advised him to follow a regular regime of self-foot massage with Maha Narayana Taila for 15 minutes followed by soaking the feet in warm water for another 20 minutes.
It has been studied and proven that FOOT MASSAGE when practiced daily, especially before bedtime relaxes foot muscles and induces great sleep.
Also Read: Health Benefits of Daily Massage
Health Benefits of Mahanarayana Oil massage
FOOT MASSAGE is immensely effective in
- Treating roughness/ stiffness of the foot
- Relieving Fatigue and tiredness
- Soothing numbness and tingling in the feet
- Inducing good sleep
- Calming the senses, relieving stress, and relaxing the mind and body.
Ayurveda says that diseases do not go near the one who practices FOOT MASSAGE (Padabhyanga) regularly just like snakes do not go near an eagle.
The right way to do Mahanarayana Oil massage
- Apply the oil over the area for good lubrication.
- Start by gently rubbing the base of the little toe.
- Then move on to the next toes.
- Start applying pressure slowly.
- Massage, stretch, and pull the big toes and rub the side of the nails.
- Press the flesh of your feet in a circular motion by applying gentle pressure.
- Massage the calf muscle to release all tension.
- Finally, soak your feet in hot water to the knees and then clean them.
He practiced this process of FOOT MASSAGE (Padabhyanga) regularly and felt the difference immediately. It relaxed his body and mind and got him good sleep. Since then it has become his daily regime that he still continues to do every night even after years.
Maha Narayana oil is a traditional Ayurvedic oil used for various purposes. Here are some of the potential benefits that are commonly associated with this oil:
- Pain relief: Maha Narayana oil is often used topically to relieve pain and discomfort in joints, muscles, and other areas of the body.
- Stress relief: Some people use oil to help reduce stress and anxiety, as it is believed to have a calming and relaxing effect.
- Improved sleep: Some people use oil to improve their sleep quality, as it is believed to promote relaxation and help individuals fall asleep more easily.
- Skin health: Maha Narayana oil is also used for its potential benefits for skin health, as it is believed to nourish and moisturize the skin, and help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.