Facial hair, while it’s a pride for the men; for women, it’s a beauty woe. Facial skin is very soft and sensitive. Threading, trimming and shaving are not the best ideas when it comes to facial hair removal. These techniques result in thicker and stronger hair which is just worse. That’s why in this blog, I bring you some amazing home remedies for facial hair removal that works wonders!
When it comes to beauty many people turn to chemical cosmetics for the promise of instant results. But these chemical ladened cosmetics does more harm than good. Even laser treatment is not the safest option. So, it’s better to start with these natural remedies and in most cases, they bring remarkable results.
Research says that facial hair is not only a physical problem, but it also has a psychological and behavioural burden. Especially for women suffering from PCOS, facial hair can be a distressing problem.
Also Read: How women over 35 can look younger?
Home Remedies for Facial Hair Removal
1. Papaya Pack
- Dr Rachana Bhat from Ayurcentral says papaya pack is an amazing remedy for facial hair removal. Papaya contains a star ingredient called papain that helps in breaking down the hair follicles. Thus, it can help in preventing the re-growth of hair.
- Peel and grind the raw papaya and add Kasturi turmeric powder to the mash. Mix it well and massage your face with this face pack for fifteen minutes. After 15 minutes, massage your face for 5 minutes. Wash your face with cool water and you are done!
Repeat this once or twice a week!
Also Read: 5 natural fruit packs for your face
2. Tone it with Turmeric
- Mix Kasturi turmeric and milk and make it into a face pack. Apply this paste evenly over your facial area and let it dry. Once the face pack dries, scrub mildly by adding water and remove the pack.
- You can also make a pack using besan, turmeric and fresh cream. This too works well in lightening and removing your facial hair. Another simple trick is to make a fine paste of raw turmeric with water and apply it to your face. Leave it on for 1 or 2 hours and wash your face with normal water.
3. Hail the honey
- The sweet nectar is an amazing solution for facial hair. Honey is an excellent bleach that lightens your facial hair colour naturally. Mix a few drops of honey and lemon juice in egg white.
- Apply this paste to your facial area and let it dry. Once it dries, remove the pack with a soft cotton ball dipped in warm water. You can also apply plain honey on a daily basis for the best results!
4. Lighten it with lemon
- Lemon too has got amazing bleaching properties. Mix sugar, lemon juice and water in a bowl. Apply this paste in the direction of hair growth and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with water by rubbing gently.
- Do this twice or thrice a week and after a few weeks, you will notice a remarkable change!
5. Make your Multani mitti pack
- Multani Mitti, or fuller’s earth, is an amazing pack for skincare. It is very effective in exfoliation and suntan
- Multani mitti is abundant in minerals like magnesium, iron and calcium. These nutrients are very helpful for your skin.
Natural facial hair removal tips that work instantly?
Many time girls often ask me for facial hair removal tips that work instantly. They all want that secret recipe for amazing party looks and wonder if it can be attained naturally. Well, there was a time before the advent of cosmetics when the queens and princesses did rely on nature.
So, here is a natural face mask that you can try for the radiant party face –
1. Sugar and egg white
Beat an egg white and add sugar and cornflour to it. Whip it to make a smooth paste. Apply this egg mask to your face and let it dry. Once the pack dried, pull off the mask along with the hair.
2. Ubtan for instant hair removal
Ubtan is an ancient Ayurvedic face pack that has worked for generations. It is a great skin-lightening face pack that can lighten your facial hair instantly. Many women including our own desi girl Priyanka Chopra is a fan of Ayurvedic Ubtan. Make an Ubtan using neem and fennel for instant hair removal.
Ubtan does not contain any toxic chemicals like paraben, ammonia, barium or sulphide. These are very common in hair removal products that harm your skin. Ubtan is made from organic herbs and it is completely safe and painless.
3. Apply a pack of Aloe vera
Another simple trick to treat your facial hair is to apply a pack of raw papaya, mustard oil, turmeric, aloe vera and gram flour. Oil massage on the face is an excellent relaxant. But that’s not it. It also helps reduce the growth of facial hair.
Take 2 tsp of raw papaya, 1 tsp of aloe vera, 1 tsp gram flour, ½ tsp turmeric, 2 tsp mustard oil. Mix it all and make a smooth paste. Apply this paste on your face and allow it to dry. Gently rub the paste with wet fingers in a circular motion until it dries. Wash off with normal water.
Use it 2 times a week!
Also Read: All about Waxing
Diet and Food tips
- Food rich in Phytoestrogens is good for your skin.
- Flax seeds, fennel, liquorice, alfalfa, asparagus, soy products and aloe vera are great choices.
- Avoiding oily, spicy and unhealthy junk foods also helps in ridding facial hair growth.
- Eat healthy nutritious fruits for better skin health.
- Ghee is another good food for your skin.
Also Read: Benefits of Smile Meditation
Take Away – Home Remedies for Facial hair
Facial hair is a very common problem, but those suffering from hormonal imbalances can get severe facial hair growth. ( These preparations may not help in controlling excess facial hair growth in those people). Most of these are herbal preparations that control your hair growth without causing any side effects. These methods are simple, effective and economic. So, try these for a few weeks and share your stories and experiences with me!